New statistics just released from IFPI (International Federation of Photographic Industry) reveal the true nature of our online listening habits.
Did you know that…
- We listen to music 17,8 hours per week on average. The car is the most popular location for enjoying some fine tunes;
- If you’re young, you’re more likely to listen to music through on-demand streaming. A total of 57% of all 16-24 year olds uses paid audio streaming services;
- People generally like local music, especially in France where 69% of the consumers listen to Variété Française;
- YouTube is a popular way of listening to music. Nearly half of all time spent listening to on-demand music is via YouTube;
- Even though many use on-demand music services, like Spotify, copyright infringement remains a serious issue with 38% of consumers obtaining music through online piracy sites.