Five bootstrapping tips to turn your idea into a business
Knowing what to do and where to start with your business idea can be tricky. Science Park Jönköping gives a few useful pointers.
- Don’t be afraid to speak openly about your idea. You don’t have to tell anyone about the solution, but discuss the problem or the need for a solution in order to get some valuable market information;
- Step outside your comfort zone. Avoid asking your inner circle of friends and family about what they think of your idea as they tend to tell you what they think you want to hear. Seek out and speak to strangers for objective and valuable feedback instead;
- Perfect your sales pitch. It is key to be able to pitch to customers, potential partners or investors.
- Believe in your idea. If you don’t, others won’t either;
- Be patient. When an idea doesn’t work out, go for the next one.